Tuesday, September 27, 2005

INTERPOL - LIVE


I have been a bad, bad blogger. Due to the Schmitt family digital camera being down, I was unable to take any pictures of the Interpol concert my friend Greg and I went to. (FYI - it will be down for awhile so no pics of this Wed's Doves show in C-bus. The above picture was found online - FOOLED YOU!)

Anywho, the show was really, really good. I had no idea Interpol rocked so much. We had to deal with some odd fans doing a jangle-pop dance to opening band Boom Bit, who were a odd blend of atmospheric music with no vocals. I liked it (Boom Bit, that is), Greg didn't. It sounded a bit like what Radiohead does when they go off stage, twiddling knobs that make some odd music for 5 minutes. Worth looking into but I can't find a site for them. Then with Interpol, we had some drunk teen girl in front of us who was jumping up and down to the music like she was at a Blink 182 show or something. She was really annoying, off-beat and kept holding her cell phone up in the air. Other than some odd crowd members, the show was awesome and the bass was shaking through my bowels. They played every song I wanted to hear (Take You on a Cruise, Not Even Jail and NYC) and probably 12 others. Nice long show and worth going to if they come by your town.

Since I don't have any mp3's of the show last night, here are a few select, live tracks from their live album, the Black Session, recorded August 27,2002.

MP3 - Stella Was a Diver Who Was Always DownEXPIRED
MP3 - Hands AwayEXPIRED
MP3 - NYCEXPIRED
Hit Counter
Web Counters