Monday, September 19, 2005

RYAN ADAMS NAME-CHECKED MY WIFE'S COUSIN IN ROLLING STONE!

Not my great claim to fame but whilst reading through my latest Rolling Stone (Sept. 22, 2005 with Rolling Stones on the cover), I was reading a interview with Ryan Adams and noticed that he name-checks a cousin of my wife's! Louise has many many a cousin but this guy I recall because my wife and her family were passing his CD around within the past year or so. All I remember is that he is singer-songwriter and his big hit, "Rather Not Know" is based on his father dying.

Anyways, here's the excerpt from RS:
Q: Who's the best songwriter that no one's heard of?
A: How would we know? Off the top of my head, there's a fellow who lives in North Carolina named Kenny Roby that wrote a song called "Rather Not Know." He was in a band called Six String Drag that was around at the same time as Whiskeytown. He's phenomenal.

Here is the article in full
  • LINK

  • Check out Kenny's website as well
  • LINK
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Hit Counter
    Web Counters