Tuesday, October 25, 2005

BOOM BIP


A few weeks back you might recall I went to see Interpol here in town. I also mentioned somewhat enjoying the opening band, Boom Bip. I did some digging and found a bunch of mp3's by him that I like. I say him but I am still trying to figure out if Boom Bip is a him or a them. At the show there were 4 guys on stage but every article I find speaks to one guy, Bryan Hollon. He started out of Cincinnati, Ohio and is starting to cause some buzz with the underground. "Combining the palette of the laptop producer with hip-hop and rock", he creates nice atmospheric grooves like the first mp3, 'Eyelashings'. Cool stuff to listen to while staying busy at work or at home. I also really like the second mp3 I am posting, 'The Matter *(of our discussion)'. It is a mellow ballad against a dreamy electro backdrop. Vocals provided by Nina Nastasia.

You can buy many of Boom Bip's CD's on iTunes or at Amazon. BUY Blue Eyed in the Red Room.
MP3 - Eyelashings EXPIRED
MP3 - The Matter (of our discussion) EXPIRED

1 Comments:

Blogger JONATHAN said...

Thanks for the info. That is good info to know and to share.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Web Counters