Saturday, October 01, 2005

the MAGIC NUMBERS


This is another band that I have been listening to since the Spring but I am just getting to post about. The Magic Numbers are a four piece British indie band originating from Ealing, London. The band consists of two pairs of brother and sister, who came together as a band after the guys started writing songs together.

I really like their demos, posted below, which are a lot more downbeat and quiet than the album. After listening to the whole album, I noticed their sound changed all-together, sounding more up-beat and Beach Boys-ish with all of the harmonies. I am still not sure where I stand on this group, given the two different sounds but I do like what I hear.

Their self titled album came out in the UK in June but is getting a US release next Tuesday, Oct 4th. You can buy that here, amazon.com and also check out their site for more info, themagicnumbers.net

DEMOS
MP3 - Oh SisterEXPIRED
MP3 - Hymn For HerEXPIRED
MP3 - Wheels on FireEXPIRED

This is a slow song from the new album, HIGHLY RECOMMEND MP3 - I See You, You See MeEXPIRED
Hit Counter
Web Counters