Friday, January 20, 2006

BAND of HORSES


THE BAND:I am having trouble digging up much on these fellers. Other than knowing they formed in Seattle, are the most recent signing of the Seattle Sub-Pop label, and that their debut album, 'Everything all the Time', is due out March 21st, I can't tell you much more. Oh wait, they did open for Iron & Wine last summer, if that clues you into some of their sound. Another question: are they Band of Horses, as the blogs seems to think, or just Horses, as their website says....?

THE SOUND: Though I don't know if you could necessarily call it My Morning Jacket-lite, that is my best descirption for them. I guess they really are more like MMJ-core, harkening back to the MMJ days of folk/country/psychadelia sound and mellow rock turned POWER ROCK, along with the whole vocal chamber thing and all. Both these tracks are KILLER and make them one of my BANDS TO WATCH - 2006. Keep your ears open for these guys in March.

mp3 - Funeral EXPIRED
mp3 - St. Augustine EXPIRED

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Web Counters