Monday, January 23, 2006

OH NO! OH MY!


THE BAND:MAN - posting on bands so new that much doesn't exist on them sure makes it easy. Oh No! Oh My! used to be called The Jolly Rogers, but then there were other bands with that name, so they chose their new name from a Robot Ate Me song. Here they are with a batch of new songs under the new moniker. Their album (which is currently just a CD-R) comes with 9 strong tracks of indie pop. They released another record under the Jolly Rogers name and it's equally as good. If you want one, all you have to do is GO HERE! and then to shop. For a BUCK FIDDY (!!!) they will send you their latest stash on a handwritten CD-R.

THE SOUND: For the life of me, I could not put these guys in a box. 'Walk in the Park' has a catchy 60's-Euro vibe that makes you just want to sit back and forget your worries. The song is simple yet catchy as hell and just idling for a car company to use it in a spot. 'I Have No Sister' is 80's keyboard simplicty with some handclaps. 'I Love You All The Time' starts out with a techno backbeat before flipping it over to a flute and guitar sing-along and then right back. One of the most varied sounds I have heard yet, songs that sound like they would easily fit on a Wes Anderson soundtrack. Heard it from I Guess I'm Floating

mp3 - Walk In The Park EXPIRED
mp3 - I Have No Sister EXPIRED
mp3 - I Love You All The Time EXPIRED

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Web Counters