Friday, February 24, 2006

SINGLES

There are a lot of new singles I have listened to lately and only one that really has me tingling.

THE RUNDOWN:
Mogwai - mp3 - Folk Death 95 courtesy Matador Records
Other than hearing of these guys before, I knew nothing. As of now, I know that they are a group of dudes, English I think, who make what I would call eerie instrumental music. I was able to torrent a file of theirs that had 4 full albums but only listened to one so far and it didn't move me. This single from their upcoming album though, I am digging.
***ALSO, check out this sick ass poster by Aaron Horkey for a upcoming Mogwai gig. Like I said, I don't know or love the music yet but this poster makes me want to.

Ambulance LTD - mp3 - New English courtesy IndieBlog heaven
I really liked this bands first LP to the point I kicked myself for not plunking down the $8 to see them live (not literally). This single, from the New English 7 song EP, comprises only 2 new songs with unreleased material and rarities. It is the first treat to whet your appetite for the new LP coming this summer, just doesn't capture everything this band did with their fist album. The atmosphere, the amp, the vibe is just not there. I don't know what milk-toast is but I would say this song describes what that sounds like - bread soaked in tepid milk - yuck.

Mellowdrone - mp3 - Oh My courtesy Red Music
I really enjoyed the first single from this forth coming band, Fashionably Uninvited. It reminded me of the darker stuff that Travis produced. This track goes in a completely different direction. It's like "Spitting Games" by Snow Patrol with Beck and the Dust Brothers working the vocals and the sound boards. Not that those aren't good bands with good sounds, they just don't go well together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Web Counters