Friday, March 31, 2006

NEW ORDER in Marie Antoinette trailer


New Order doesn't get much talk around here but I recently came across the trailer for the new movie, Marie Antoinette. Though I can't say much for ye Olde English Tomfoolery going on in the trailer, the song playing through the it is what got me. Figuring it was one of the 80's influenced IT bands of the moment (Bloc Party, Interpol, Stellastarr*, etc., I wanted to figure out the artist.

Lo' and behold, it was NEW ORDER! WTF, right!? The track is called 'Age of Consent' and appeared on their 1983 album (not 1999 as iTunes reports), Power, Corruption and Lies and I liked it enough to buy it and share it. I think it is nice to pay homage to at least one of the bands that lead the way for what I listen to today though I can't say I ever got into Joy Division and New Order...ever. Wierd.

mp3 - Age of Consent

Buy the album here.

2 Comments:

Blogger JONATHAN said...

Jus - thanks for the correction. I bought it from iTunes so that is what I went off of. I will fix!

10:27 AM  
Blogger azltron said...

oh man, i got laid like crazy to this song!!!! LOL~~

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Web Counters