Wednesday, August 30, 2006

SAM ROBERTS


I first heard of Sam Roberts on a recent Paste Magazine CD sampler I received. 'Bridge to Nowhere' starts as a bouncy track, mixing acoustic guitar and keys that turns into what feels like a handclap sing-a-long, souding a bit Rogue Wave-ish. Soon after, I saw the grizzly haired lead singer and entire band give a good show on David Letterman and looked for a few more tracks.

I ended up with the entire, new album from the band, Chemical City. A recent review explained that Sam Roberts has had a lot of success in his native Montreal, Canada and this album was his experimental wandering into doing whatever he felt like. Given that comment, the album as a whole didn't have what drew me in initially, like 'Bridget to Nowhere' did and I only found one extra track worth holding onto. I might look into the past successful records that were mentioned but for now, this is what I've got.

Bridge to Nowhere
Uprising Down Under

Download more tracks and get tour dates at Sam Roberts MySpace page

Buy the album Chemical City here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Web Counters