Monday, August 28, 2006

WOLFMOTHER


I admittedly took a long time to find out about/check out Wolfmother. The album cover alone made me think 'lame hair band' and dismiss them. I was scared off at the thought of some 60's psychadelia retread like the Darkness and ran quickly away. LITTLE DID I KNOW how easily I would get into them and love them.

After much hype in magazines about them, I had to check them. Awesome stuff. I think the best description of them is from Paste magazine - ' the Aussie Led Sabbath/Black Zepplin', and while my knowledge of those two bands is minimal, the connection is totally there and well done at that. Not to mention the swirly flutes and organs used throughout that give a Jethro Tull nod.

This CD brings the rock that us Indie's have been without for so long and will most likely make my End of Year list!

Love Train
Joker & The Thief

Buy the Wolfmother CD here.

Listen to more Wolfmother at their MySpace page

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Web Counters