Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The BLACK KEYS


The Black Keys to me are like that one day when I was a kid and I had a bowl of Cocoa Pebbles with chocolate milk followed by a chocolate covered donut that was filled with chocolate cream. BOY, did that seem like a good idea to start with - I love chocolate and this was my dream come true. However, about halway through the donut after that bowl of cereal, I think my choco-buds started to go numb and I didn't even know what I was eating by the end of the cream filling, other than straight sugar.

What I am trying to say is, the Black Keys for me are a band best heard on 'Shuffle' on my iPod. I sure do dig the phat, booming sounds the boys shred from song to song but listening to a full CD of it, track after track, my mind goes numb and wonders when TV on the Radio is going to start playing.

The new album, Magic Potion brings it like the band has in the past. I don't know if the haters will come down on me for the White Stripes and Raconteurs references, but if you like that sound, you will continue to like this record.

Elevator
Black Door

Buy the new album, Magic Potion HERE.
The Black Keys MySpace Page

1 Comments:

Blogger The Singing Butler said...

Totally agree about the numbing stuff...I get exhausted just blasting thickfreakness. Thanks for the tracks!

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Web Counters