Thursday, November 16, 2006

UPDATE

Not a ton of new music to report. This week I started off in a MAD frenzy for the leaked Bloc Party album, A Weekend in the City. I finally found it and was honestly let down. Overall, completely laid back compared to Silent Alarm and not at all what Song for Clay promised. And speaking of Song for Clay, it has been tweaked severely and I don't like it. Instead of Kele saying, "these days I'm only bored" he now says "disappear here" and honestly, those few words destroy the song for me. Outside of that, the album has very few new Like Eating Glass or Banquets. The immediacy of Silent Alarm is gone, replaced by a reserved, lethargic BP. If you want a depressed and bored Bloc Party, this is the album. I understand the concept is about boring, drone-like city life but damn, these guys must be really fuggin bored for this result. As Darrell Hammond's Bill O'Reilly would say, Tell me where I'm wrong.

I then moved onto looking for the leaked Jay-Z album, Kingdom Come. Again, another wash out but I have spent less time with this so I may be jumping to a opinion too soon. Still, for a out-of-retirement CD, I thought there would be more bumpin' jams on there.

I wrapped up the week with the leaked Clipse album which sounds a bit better than Jay. Time will tell.

In THE MEANTIME, here are two singles I have been rocking. M.I.A.'s new jam, XR2 and Margot and the Nuclear So-and-So's Skeleton Key. With regards to MIA, I love the song. It's a bumping jam and definitely stays in your craw all day. I don't know if this is from a upcoming album release or not. With MatNSaS's, I decided to check them out since they were opening for the Elected back in October. I had listened to them before but didn't get far. I found that still holds true - this song I love but I can't get into anything else by them.

M.I.A. - XR 2
Margot and the Nuclear So-and-So's - Skeleton Key

1 Comments:

Blogger soapboxhero said...

Sucks to hear that about Bloc Party. I was just listening to them yesterday.

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Web Counters