Friday, December 15, 2006

Christmas Movies

Herein, a list of Christmas movies I always look forward to seeing every year but don't always catch:

1. It's A Wonderful Life - A long, long movie but I love it. "Buffalo gals won't you come out tonight, come out tonight, come out tonight!"

2. A Christmas Story - personally, I liked it better when TBS didn't run it for 24 hours on Christmas day. In my life, I don't have 2 hours to sit around during a day of travel and family time to watch this classic.

3. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - I seem to be able to catch this every year, usually airing on a Monday or Saturday.

4. Scrooged - I think this airs on TBS or TNT or USA. They haven't showed it in recent years as far as I know.

5. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - We have this on DVD now and watch it with our son all the time but I still enjoy it every year.

6. White Christmas - This has became a annual ritual. The movie feels like it is 3 hours long but I try and not fall asleep.

7. Love Actually - not really a Christmas movie but it takes place at Christmas time and my wife and I love it.

8. Elf - We own it on DVD but I think it is coming to television this year. Hilarious!

9. Charlie Brown Christmas - I don’t know why I find this appealing but I try and watch it every year. I think it really isn't funny at all and I think I miss the point of it.

10. Frosty the Snowman - If it's on, I'll watch it.

What am I missing?

4 Comments:

Blogger G. Twilley said...

I'm just blog hopping and noticed your list. One question [and I understand that all are entitled to their opinion]: No Grinch?

Also, every Christmas sampler needs a healthy dose of Sufjan:-).

9:30 AM  
Blogger Lilla Smutzig said...

Black Christmas? And I'm not talking about the remake.

http://lillasmutzig.blogspot.com/

10:38 AM  
Blogger JONATHAN said...

Which Grinch are you talking about? The cartoon is pretty good but I would watch Rudolph before it and think Frosty before Grin. Maybe that's a tie.

I never watched the live action Grinch with Jim Carrey.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

One that I just can't live without seeing at least once every season is that "Muppet Christmas Carol"

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Web Counters