Sunday, January 21, 2007

SNOWFIELD editors SNOWFIELD


In a nutshell, before they were known as editors they were first (The) Pride...and then they changed the line-up to become Snowfield (Ed Lay replaced Geraint Owen on drums as he began to focus on his Welsh band The Heights). They played their debut gig at the request of Fused Magazine under the name Snowfield before becoming a popular unsigned band and signing with Kitchenware Records in September 2004.*

SO, that brings us here to today to dwell upon some early demos of editors when they still Snowfield. Got that? A good mix for the editors collector to check out and compare. You'll find mostly less-electronic-compared-to-what-was-released songs (checkout 'Distance') as well as 3 songs that weren't featured on the Back Room, (the recently released 'the Diplomat' as well as 'Chome Share the View', and 'Every Little Piece of your life').

01 - Every Little Piece Of Your Life
02 - Fall
03 - The Diplomat
04 - Distance
05 - Bullets
06 - Come Share The View

Photo from SophieJarryOnStageAndBack
*Info taken from Wikipedia

2 Comments:

Blogger the catman said...

Thanks so much for the post, I am really interested in getting these demos because I love the Editors - is there any way you could re-post these demos in a single RAR or ZIP file to Rapidshare or Megaupload? I started to download the first one, and it took me to the "fileden" site.

Okay, not a big deal, I started filling out the forms for a free account - then they wanted my ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, and - get this - the LAST FOUR DIGITS of my social security number!! I couldn't believe this, WHO would sign up for a service like that? Feh, not me! I guess I'll find them elsewhere, I have NO intention of giving ANY of that information to that site... or anyone else for that matter.

I did enjoy reading your writeup though, I don't mean to come in here and ONLY complain about the inaccessibility of the files... your writeup was so good, that I MUST hear these. :) Thanks, and take care... catman

1:57 AM  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

ed hardy
oakley sunglasses
michael kors outlet store
coach outlet
cheap nike shoes
nike huarache
michael kors outlet
jordan shoes
nike tn
jimmy choo shoes

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Web Counters