Tuesday, May 23, 2006

EXPLAIN: the Bluest Light


For whatever reason, I find myself with the Engineers Blue Light Anti Gravity Bloc Paty remix on repeat. After feeling good about myself for discovering what the 'Grey Cup Ring' was that Donovan Woods referred to (see here), I thought I could uncover the mystery of JUST WHAT THE BLUEST LIGHT is. Well, I am not coming up with much.

When my wife and I tried to dissect it, I thought it was referring to love. You'll find it in all of these places - shadows, cupboards; it will walk you home; it will help you remember, etc.; you are THE bluest light=the most love.

Now the research I am finding on Song Lyrics seems to fall into 2 purported thoughts:
1. The song is about a break up and the loneliness to go along with it. You see the 'bluest light'/loneliness everywhere you go and the 'bluest light' reminds me of YOU everywhere I go.
2. The song is a metaphor, saying your closeness to someone is like that of blue wavelengths, which are the shortest in the light spectrum. Therefore the bluest light refers to how close you are to someone and ALSO that when galaxies come close to Earth, they appear to be blue.

Regardless, this is an amazing and haunting remix of a already terrific song. Listen to the mp3 below and if anyone can add a explanation, I would appreciate it.

mp3 - Blue Light (Engineers 'Anti-Gravity' Mix)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Web Counters